Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Deepak Agrawal <de...@microsoft.com.INVALID> on 2018/12/21 05:47:29 UTC

Apache HttpClient for Android

Hello,

I wanted to use Apache Httpclient for Android in our SDK. Can you please help me where is the source code for Apache HttpClient for Android?

I understand most of the code will be same as https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-client but there are differences as mentioned in the page: http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/android-port.html

Any help in understanding how this differences have been incorporated in the code will be helpful. Differences doesn't look to be only build time differences, there has to be some changes in the code, build files which would produce android artifact.

Thanks
Deepak

Re: Apache HttpClient for Android

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2018-12-21 at 05:47 +0000, Deepak Agrawal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to use Apache Httpclient for Android in our SDK. Can you
> please help me where is the source code for Apache HttpClient for
> Android?
>
> I understand most of the code will be same as
> https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-client but there are
> differences as mentioned in the page:
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/android-port.html
>
> Any help in understanding how this differences have been incorporated
> in the code will be helpful. Differences doesn't look to be only
> build time differences, there has to be some changes in the code,
> build files which would produce android artifact.
>
> Thanks
> Deepak

Deepak

Google has removed their fork of HttpClient 4.0 from Android platform.
As far as I understand the stock version of HttpClient 4.5 should work
on Android as is.

Oleg