Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2003/09/02 09:30:16 UTC

Before the 2.3 release...

I would really like to confirm that Torque can be successfully
loaded as an Avalon component before the 2.3 release.  I have had
an unsuccessful attempt at this last week and at least 2 others
appear to be having problems setting it up.

I'll have another go tomorrow and report my success to the list.
As I don't really have any new information I doubt if I will
be successful.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: Before the 2.3 release...

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

>TR.props:
>
>services.AvalonComponentService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.avaloncomponent.TurbineAvalonComponentService
>
>services.AvalonComponentService.componentConfiguration = /WEB-INF/conf/componentConfiguration.xml
>services.AvalonComponentService.componentRoles = /WEB-INF/conf/roleConfiguration.xml
>services.AvalonComponentService.lookup = org.apache.torque.avalon.Torque
>
>componentConfiguration.xml:
>
><componentConfig>
>    <torque>
>       <configfile>/WEB-INF/conf/torque.properties</configfile>
>    </torque>
></componentConfig>
>
>roleConfiguration.xml:
>
><role-list>
>    <role name="org.apache.torque.avalon.Torque"
>          shorthand="torque"
>          default-class="org.apache.torque.avalon.TorqueComponent" />
></role-list>

I had the package names slightly wrong, I now have it working.

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Before the 2.3 release...

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> writes:

>I would really like to confirm that Torque can be successfully
>loaded as an Avalon component before the 2.3 release.  I have had
>an unsuccessful attempt at this last week and at least 2 others
>appear to be having problems setting it up.

>I'll have another go tomorrow and report my success to the list.
>As I don't really have any new information I doubt if I will
>be successful.

It can:

2003-09-01 17:54:53,824 [HttpProcessor[8080][4]] INFO  org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for Service: AvalonComponentService
2003-09-01 17:54:53,825 [HttpProcessor[8080][4]] INFO  org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Start Initializing service (early): AvalonComponentService
2003-09-01 17:54:54,146 [HttpProcessor[8080][4]] INFO  org.apache.turbine.services.avaloncomponent.TurbineAvalonComponentService - Lookup for Component org.apache.torque.avalon.Torque successful
2003-09-01 17:54:54,146 [HttpProcessor[8080][4]] INFO  org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Finish Initializing service (early): AvalonComponentService

[...]

torque.properties are unchanged from the old stratum loading configuration

	Regards
		Henning

"Dominate!! Dominate!! Eat your young and aggregate! I have grotty silicon!"
      -- AOL CD when played backwards  (User Friendly - 200-10-15)