Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org> on 2011/10/08 12:24:09 UTC

API : compilation failure

Anyone know why SVN trunk of "api" won't build any more ? Using JDK1.6 on
Linux

cd api;
mvn clean install

[INFO] Compilation failure

/usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/api/test/java/javax/jdo/ObjectStateTest.java:[220,51]
[unchecked] unchecked call to
getDeclaredMethod(java.lang.String,java.lang.Class<?>...) as a member of the
raw type java.lang.Class

/usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/api/test/java/javax/jdo/EnhancerTest.java:[81,44]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable ENHANCER_USAGE_ERROR
location: class javax.jdo.EnhancerTest

/usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/api/test/java/javax/jdo/EnhancerTest.java:[92,139]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable PROPERTY_ENHANCER_VENDOR_NAME
location: class javax.jdo.EnhancerTest

/usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/api/test/java/javax/jdo/EnhancerTest.java:[93,140]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable PROPERTY_ENHANCER_VERSION_NUMBER
location: class javax.jdo.EnhancerTest

/usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/api/test/java/javax/jdo/util/BatchTestRunner.java:
[116,59] [unchecked] unchecked call to getConstructor(java.lang.Class<?>...)
as a member of the raw type java.lang.Class

--
Andy
DataNucleus (http://www.datanucleus.org)

Re: API : compilation failure

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.
Ok, totally my bad.  I forgot a bunch of files when I checked in fixes
for JDO-688.  Get latest & retry.  So sorry about that.

-matthew

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org> wrote:
>> Not sure.  Works for me.
>>
>> Michael's last checkin didn't really change anything, since my last
>> check-in included changes to EnhancerTest's ancestry such that
>> AbstractTest, its superclass, implements Constants.
>>
>> Have you gotten latest on the whole api project lately?
>
> When I reported the problem I had pure SVN trunk; compilation failed. Michaels
> fix fixes it. If I comment out Michaels fix, indeed it fails. How else is the
> compiler to know where those constants are to come from, unless they are
> actually imported?
>
> --
> Andy
> DataNucleus (http://www.datanucleus.org)

--
@matthewadams12
mailto:matthew@matthewadams.me

Re: API : compilation failure

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.

Re: API : compilation failure

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.
Not sure.  Works for me.

Re: API : compilation failure

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de>.
Hi Andy,

thanks for pointing this out.

I fixed EnhancerTest by adding back the import statements for the three
constants. With this change the issues in ObjectStateTest and
BatchTestRunner are reported as warning and I recall seeing them before.
I think they can be fixed later.

Regards Michael

> Anyone know why SVN trunk of "api" won't build any more ? Using JDK1.6 on
> Linux
>
> cd api;
> mvn clean install
>

> [INFO] Compilation failure
>
> /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/api/test/java/javax/jdo/ObjectStateTest.java:[220,51]
> [unchecked] unchecked call to
> getDeclaredMethod(java.lang.String,java.lang.Class<?>...) as a member of the
> raw type java.lang.Class
>
> /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/api/test/java/javax/jdo/EnhancerTest.java:[81,44]
> cannot find symbol
> symbol  : variable ENHANCER_USAGE_ERROR
> location: class javax.jdo.EnhancerTest
>
> /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/api/test/java/javax/jdo/EnhancerTest.java:[92,139]
> cannot find symbol
> symbol  : variable PROPERTY_ENHANCER_VENDOR_NAME
> location: class javax.jdo.EnhancerTest
>
> /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/api/test/java/javax/jdo/EnhancerTest.java:[93,140]
> cannot find symbol
> symbol  : variable PROPERTY_ENHANCER_VERSION_NUMBER
> location: class javax.jdo.EnhancerTest
>
> /usr/local/tck/jdo/trunk/api/test/java/javax/jdo/util/BatchTestRunner.java:
> [116,59] [unchecked] unchecked call to getConstructor(java.lang.Class<?>...)
> as a member of the raw type java.lang.Class

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH