Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Anand Mundada <an...@ymail.com> on 2014/02/19 00:37:19 UTC

Yarn - avoid Launching Client and Application manager every time

Hi All,

I want to know is it possible to run client and m application manager only once, and keep them running.
Then pass some arguments at runtime to application manager (directly or through client)?

Thanks,
Anand

Re: Yarn - avoid Launching Client and Application manager every time

Posted by REYANE OUKPEDJO <r....@yahoo.com>.
Hi Anand,

I think it is possible to make the client run as a server. It will be there accepting command from some source and launching the application masters which in turn will launch their containers . The advantage of doing this is performance since you avoid launching jvm for the client each time you run an application.  But keep in mind that any time you change the client to run like  a server, you are putting some limitations on the number of concurrent applications that can run on your cluster since you only have one single server to accept the commands and launch the application masters. But it is doable. As for making the application master run like a server , I am not sure if that makes much sense since that will make him look like a job tracker. And it is because of the above limitations that the JobTracker no longer exists on yarn.

Thanks

Reyane OUKPEDJO