Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Hugo Melendez <hm...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/02 22:39:48 UTC

Throughput controller

Hi all,
 I have the attached test plan running, trying to test Thoughput Controller.

I have 5 users looping 10 times over a http request, for a total of 50 GETs.

If I set the TC to a total executions of 40, the total executions are 50.
Instead, if I set TC to a percent executions of 10%, the total executions are 5.

What am i doing wrong? How do i set a total executions N no matter how
many Threads or loop count im using?

Thxs,
Hugo

Re: Throughput controller

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
In that case, you don't need the TC.

Just use the Timer to set the desired throughput, i.e. 90/hour = 5400/minute.

S///

Re: Throughput controller

Posted by Hugo Melendez <hm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb, thanks for the answer.

Im trying to achieve a test with ensures me a total amount of a
certain request, ie, 90 times by hour. So, I figured that if I set
this TC in 90 total executions, and add a Constant Throughput Timer
inside the loop, i can use a different amounts of threads to try
different concurrency levels.

On 10/2/07, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems the setting of the per-user check-box has no effect - the TC
> always counts per-user, and does not count global iterations.
>
> Not sure how long this bug has been present.
>
> What are you trying to achieve?
> Or are you just testing the TC?
>

> But why do you want to use the TC to
> On 02/10/2007, Hugo Melendez <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >  I have the attached test plan running, trying to test Thoughput Controller.
> >
> > I have 5 users looping 10 times over a http request, for a total of 50 GETs.
> >
> > If I set the TC to a total executions of 40, the total executions are 50.
> > Instead, if I set TC to a percent executions of 10%, the total executions are 5.
> >
> > What am i doing wrong? How do i set a total executions N no matter how
> > many Threads or loop count im using?
> >
> > Thxs,
> > Hugo

RE: Throughput controller

Posted by Na...@cognizant.com.
Hi Sebb,

Somehow I'm not getting any JMeter related mails in this forum. Can you
please do the needful. Thanks!

Thanks,

Sravanthi

Performance Testing CoE (PTCoE)

VNet:62426

It seems the setting of the per-user check-box has no effect - the TC

always counts per-user, and does not count global iterations.

Not sure how long this bug has been present.

What are you trying to achieve?

Or are you just testing the TC?

But why do you want to use the TC to

On 02/10/2007, Hugo Melendez <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

>  I have the attached test plan running, trying to test Thoughput
Controller.

> I have 5 users looping 10 times over a http request, for a total of 50
GETs.

> If I set the TC to a total executions of 40, the total executions are
50.

> Instead, if I set TC to a percent executions of 10%, the total
executions are 5.

> What am i doing wrong? How do i set a total executions N no matter how

> many Threads or loop count im using?

> Thxs,

> Hugo

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: Throughput controller

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.