Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alexander Hachmann <pu...@thesofa.de> on 2008/08/25 15:33:39 UTC

Mailer DAEMON Returns && Body Check on Multipart

Hi,
I am currently having the problem with a lot of mails returning from
daemons in response
to mails I did now write.
Does anyone have a .cf solution for this issue. I am getting more than a
hundred per week of these f.....ng Mails.

I allready tried to write my own test. But I cannot figure out how to
check within the multipart messages.

My Attempt is to check if this mail comes from a mailer daemon with a
check against the mailaddress.
Then I want to check if there is a Message-ID whithin the body, that
does not correspond to mail mailserver.
But this does not work. I can only check on words in the first part of
the mail. The upcoming parts in the mail like the
initial spam mail, are not being parsed.
So even

body TEST /.*Message.*/
OR
rawbody TEST /.*Message.*/
Do not work. I guess this is for the reason, that what I am searching
for is in another part of the MIME Mails.

Does anyone have a solution for this spamming issue or give me a hint
how I can make my attempt to be workin?

Thank You,
            Alexander

Re: Mailer DAEMON Returns && Body Check on Multipart

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
Alexander Hachmann wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently having the problem with a lot of mails returning from
> daemons in response
> to mails I did now write.

Is this "now" or "not"? if it is "now", then stop writing :)

oh, and stop sending "duplicate" mail. one post is enough.

> Does anyone have a .cf solution for this issue. I am getting more than a
> hundred per week of these f.....ng Mails.

did you try vbounce? check the wiki for how to use this.

note that some backscatter may be blocked at the MTA level. if you are
using postfix, check its BACKSCATTER README.

> I allready tried to write my own test. But I cannot figure out how to
> check within the multipart messages.

why would anyone would want to "check within the multipart"? if it
matches, it is.