Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by de...@aol.com on 2017/07/19 05:02:40 UTC

Downloading Templates

Hello. I have downloaded and began to use Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 and I notice that it has an icon/folder for templates. When I go there it is empty. On your website, there are a ton of templates and sample letters etc. that I would be able to make great use of. Problem is, I cannot find any way to bulk download the categorized templates that I see. Even trying to do it as individual items is painful because until you download the item, you cannot even see it to determine if it is what you want. When downloading int hat way, I must save the item to my computer but it is not pulled into the template folder within the OpenOffice Application. What is the fix for this? How can this be done?

Kenneth T. Mason, Jr., MS, MPA, NRP, ACHE, CCEMT-P, FP-C, CCP-C
Critical Care Flight Paramedic

DE Notary Public Commission No. 20131030000003

The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: Downloading Templates

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 19/07/17 3:02 PM, dep143@aol.com wrote:
> Hello. I have downloaded and began to use Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 and I notice that it has an icon/folder for templates. When I go there it is empty.

Have you double clicked on Presentations Folder or Presentations
Background Folder?
Out of the box there should be templates.

> On your website, there are a ton of templates and sample letters etc. that I would be able to make great use of. Problem is, I cannot find any way to bulk download the categorized templates that I see.

Correct that would be nice but sometimes you have to live with the
limitations.

> Even trying to do it as individual items is painful because until you download the item, you cannot even see it to determine if it is what you want. When downloading int hat way, I must save the item to my computer but it is not pulled into the template folder within the OpenOffice Application.

Correct but based on the settings of your browser is saves it in a
designated folder or you get a pop up window that allow you to select a
directory.

> What is the fix for this?

Save it in the user template directory. In Windows 10 it's
C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\template

> How can this be done?
>

> Kenneth T. Mason, Jr., MS, MPA, NRP, ACHE, CCEMT-P, FP-C, CCP-C
> Critical Care Flight Paramedic
>
> DE Notary Public Commission No. 20131030000003
>

> The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and confidential information.

I can't see any confidential information.

> It is intended only for the use of the person named above.

You didn't sent it to a named person but rather to a public mailing list.

> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Once the information is on a public mailing list it's hard to remove it.
You should think twice before pressing the submit button.