Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Vissapragada Venkatram <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2004/05/25 21:57:07 UTC

How to avoid File Download Dialog box?

I have developed an application using Struts. It works fine. But, in certain conditions/scenarios when the user submits a JSP Page or clicks any hyperlink, instead of passing control to Servlet the File Download Dialog box opens up . On Clicking the save button in the File Download Dialog box, the application does not proceed further. The dialog box appears randomly. We are trying to trace  those certain conditions/scenarios.

Please provide me work around for this problem. Below i'm just showing the way the File Download dialog displays message:

Some Files can harm your computer. If the file information below looks suspicious, or you do not fully trust the source, do not open or save this filename.

File Name: Transaction Servlet

File Type:

>From : bankapplication

Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer ?

Re: How to avoid File Download Dialog box?

Posted by Hubert Rabago <ja...@yahoo.com>.
You should send this to the Struts User list (user@struts.apache.org) instead
of the dev list.  When you do, it might help to include the HTML code for the
link that causes this.

This problem looks like it could be caused by a conflict between your URL
extension and an application or browser plugin installed on the client
machine.  For example, if you're using ".xyz" as your url extension
("http://domain/app/index.xyz"), your user might have a desktop application
associated with all files with ".xyz".

Another possibility is that you're setting your content-type to a value that
the browser does not recognize, or to a value that the browser treats as
something handled by another application.