Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Ali Alhaidary <al...@the5stars.org> on 2020/10/17 08:15:59 UTC

Trace connection issue with media server

Any advice on how to trace the issue of continuously disconnecting from
media server during audio/video sessions?

Re: Trace connection issue with media server

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
will clean-up some context

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 at 17:45, Ali Alhaidary <al...@the5stars.org>
wrote:

> second, non noticed an automatic reconnect in audio/video session, the
>> teacher has to turn his mic off, then on to reconnect. But, it does auto
>> reconnect in recording only few seconds after disconnecting, however, the
>> recorded file is only before disconnecting in terms of length as it ignores
>> what ever happened after reconnecting,
>>

> this need to be investigated, I would expect recording should be resumed
>
> while in normal session (no camera video, no sharing and only audio)
> connection is never re-connected automatically.

this is most probably mean everything is OK

>> or, there will be gaps in the recording, usually video only with no
>> sound.
>>

> recording in rooms of type conference and presentation is made of
> screen-sharing video and audio from user streams
> so video without an audio is something unexpected
>
> Yes, this is what is happening, During sharing recording, if it was
> disconnected, it will prompt again to allow cam and mick, it will show the
> blue band of connection and recording continues, but without audio.
>

>> It used to happen so much more frequent, but after doing some changes in
>> turn server settings (other than stated in the installation document)
>> things got so much better.
>>
>> Third, we must consider the fact that these teachers and students use 3G
>> networks, sometime not stable ones. it does not disconnect, but varies in
>> bandwidth.
>>

> well
> 3G for video conferences
>
> No video, audio and document sharing. This is our standard environment.

in your previous post your wrote camera permission was requested
It is usually not happening in audio-only room ....

> and screen-sharing ....
> what is being shared? FHD desktop? Maximized browser tab?
>
> Document (usually PDF) and teachers audio.

this seems to be misunderstanding
recording is based on screen-sharing i.e. user select what to share (full
desktop, application, browser tab) then this is being recorded
in case someone have 4K display and full desktop or maximized application
was chosen in might produce huge video ....

but
I would sort out connection issues first

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Trace connection issue with media server

Posted by Ali Alhaidary <al...@the5stars.org>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Trace connection issue with media server

Posted by Ali Alhaidary <al...@the5stars.org>.
On 10/18/20 8:57 AM, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
> Let's agree on definitions first :)
>
> by "connects" I mean: audio/video connection was established (this
> correspondent "blue" room notification), other people in the room were
> and to hear/see this stream (even for the short period of time

Confirmed

> if it is "connecting" then warning is displayed and the connection
> goes to re-connect - this most probably means the connection was
> unable to be established (some time connection establishing is long
> process, I saw 30+ seconds on Windows machines)

That is a good point, first, all of our laptops are Ubuntu 16 or 18
using FF, No windows ;-)

second, non noticed an automatic reconnect in audio/video session, the
teacher has to turn his mic off, then on to reconnect. But, it does auto
reconnect in recording only few seconds after disconnecting, however,
the recorded file is only before disconnecting in terms of length as it
ignores what ever happened after reconnecting, or, there will be gaps in
the recording, usually video only with no sound. It used to happen so

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Trace connection issue with media server

Posted by Ali Alhaidary <al...@the5stars.org>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.