Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by MKW <m....@ru.ac.za> on 2005/04/08 01:06:44 UTC

jndi for axis?

Please can someone confirm that, if I'm deploying a web service inside
Axis inside Tomcat 5.5.7, using a database, the context docBase should
be "axis" and the path "/axis" because axis is the actual webapp, even
though my service comes lower down the tree?  Axis doesn't have a
META-INF so the context.xml file should be in the /Catalina/localhost
directory?

Can I also check that the res-ref-name (and the Resource name) is
"jdbc/nameOfDatabase" and not "jdbc/nameOfFolder"?? Or doesn't that matter?

It's just that I've done all that, placed a context file called axis.xml
under \Catalina\localhost and added to the axis\WEB-INF\web.xml file:
<resource-ref>
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/dict</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

But I'm still getting an error when Tomcat starts up:
SEVERE: Null component
Catalina:type=DataSource,path=/axis,host=localhost,class=javax.sql.DataSource,name="jdbc/dict"

Has anyone else encountered and fixed this?

Thanks.

Madeleine