Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark <ma...@libero.it> on 2002/12/19 01:14:29 UTC

Digester - Config.xml - datasource

Hello

I'm wondering whether anyone has every used digester to read in properties
from config.xml and then addSetProperty to change a couple of values..

E.g.

<data-source key="mykey" jism="jism" username="frank" password="butcher" />

Now I want to make a connection to pretty much the same db etc.. Has anyone
tried.

Digester newdatasource = new Digester();
newdatasource . addObjectCreate("datasources/datasource", "DataSource");
newdatasource
.AddSetProperty("struts-config/datasources/datasource/setproperty","key","my
key²);
newdatasource
.AddSetProperty("struts-config/datasources/datasource/setproperty","username
","ricky²);
newdatasource
.AddSetProperty("struts-config/datasources/datasource/setproperty","password
","bianca²);

//Some means of reading in the properties that I don¹t want to change, but I
haven¹t found yet.. Etc

Javax.sql.DataSource ds = getDatasource(³mykey²);

Will this work?
Has anyone done this.,

Many thanks in advance and seasonal felicitations

FW: Digester - Config.xml - datasource

Posted by Mark <ma...@libero.it>.
Sorry people, but I could do with some feedback on this rather than finding
out the hard way.. Up up against the wire I I want to get my flight back
home for christmas..

Anyone done this? Is my question silly (would be the first time)?

Many thanks

mark

[...]

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>