Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> on 2013/05/21 16:23:40 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1484644 - in /accumulo/branches/1.5: ./ mini/ mini/src/ mini/src/main/ mini/src/main/java/ mini/src/main/java/org/ mini/src/main/java/org/apache/ mini/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/ mini/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/mini/ mini/src...

Corey,

It seems these move were not done is such a way that history was preserved.
  'svn move' should be used, it preserves history.   Although I never use
this.  When I move things around in eclipse it automatically does 'svn
move'.

I looked into how to fix this.  There does not seem to be an easy way other
than reverting the changes and doing a move.

Keith

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
BTW

revision can be reverted w/ a negative.   For example to revert revision 9
and 4 could do the following

svn merge -c -9 .
svn merge -c -4 .

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ill revert this and redo. Still getting used to svn.

Yeah, svn is quirky w/ this type of stuff, I am still learning too when it
comes to these corner cases.

I just did an experiment on my local 1.5  I did the following..

svn merge -c -1484792 .
svn merge -c -1484644 .
resolve --accept=working mini

svn status shows the following.  I looked at the docs, the '+' means that
history changes are scheduled.  So I think this means the history will come
back, but not positive. Not completely sure I resolved the tree conflict
correctly.

svn status
M       test/compat/japi-compliance/japi-accumulo-1.4.xml
M       test/system/upgrade_test.sh
test/src/test/java/org/apache/accumulo/fate/zookeeper/ZooLockTest.java
M       test/src/test/java/org/apache/accumulo/test/MetaSplitTest.java
test/src/test/java/org/apache/accumulo/test/TestAccumuloSplitRecovery.java
M       test/src/test/java/org/apache/accumulo/test/ShellServerTest.java
M       test/pom.xml
M       proxy/src/test/java/org/apache/accumulo/proxy/SimpleTest.java
M       proxy/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/proxy/Proxy.java
M       proxy/pom.xml
M       pom.xml
M       assemble/pom.xml
M       mini/pom.xml
M       README
A  +    server/src/test/java/org/apache/accumulo/server/mini
A  +
 server/src/test/java/org/apache/accumulo/server/mini/MiniAccumuloClusterTest.java
A  +    server/src/test/resources/FooFilter.jar
M       server/src/test/resources/log4j.properties
A  +    server/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/server/mini
A  +
 server/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/server/mini/MiniAccumuloCluster.java
A  +
 server/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/server/mini/MiniAccumuloConfig.java

I am thinking it would be best to revert in each branch.  Then merge from
1.5 to 1.6 w/o making changes, and just commit the props that mark the
merge as done.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Doing "svn merge -r 1484792:1484643 ." seemed to reverse the two commits
>> correctly without any conflicts (it correctly removed the mini/ directory
>> as well). I think this worked.
>>

> I suppose only the mini move commits fall in that range?

Hopefully... otherwise, the alternative to reverse a merge is to do:
svn merge -c -ZZZZZZ,-YYYYYY,-XXXXXX
(note the dash prior to each rev, and that the revs are in descending
order... or ascending towards zero, if you treat the dash as a
negative sign)

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to try it if you don't mind. The only way to learn is to do.

go for it

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Keith: Correct. If you specify the revisions in reverse order, it reverses
> those commits.
>
> I'm comfortable with this change and ready to push up. Here's what I'll do:
>
> Revert changes in 1.4.4
> Revert changes in 1.5
> Revert changes in 1.6
> Merge 1.5 to 1.6
>
> Is this what you were describing above Keith?

slightly unrelated.   We are trying to keep 1.5 and 1.6 in a state such
that "svn merge -r 1:HEAD 1.5 1.6" will work nicely.  The point of this is
to ensure that bug fixes made in 1.5 are also made in 1.6.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Keith: Correct. If you specify the revisions in reverse order, it reverses
> those commits.
>
> I'm comfortable with this change and ready to push up. Here's what I'll do:
>
> Revert changes in 1.4.4
> Revert changes in 1.5
> Revert changes in 1.6
> Merge 1.5 to 1.6
>
> Is this what you were describing above Keith?

That is what I was thinking.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vincent Russell <vi...@gmail.com>.