Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Henry <hx...@binary-solutions.net> on 2002/03/07 22:55:26 UTC

what about server to client side using javascript

I am wondering this can be done or not:
A server send a whole bunch of  information to client side. These are
treated as objects on the client side, and client side initiates javascript
objects for them.

Are there any framework for that kind of job?

thanx a lot!

Re: what about server to client side using javascript

Posted by Steve <st...@yahoo.com>.
Well, since this is a tomcat list I would say that you can use
tomcat/java/servlets/jsp to send dynamically generated html with
dynamically generated embedded javascripts in them back to a browser.

Once there these javascripts ( embedded in the dynamically generated
html ) can operate on javascript objects.....most of which control HTML
form elements ( <select> tags, menus, textareas etc ).