Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Joost Heer, de" <j....@atriummc.nl> on 2010/07/09 10:45:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Custom headers in Connect message

>Is there any way I can add a custom header (or even just an
>X-Forwarded-For header) into the CONNECT message?

In other words: you want to be able to play MITM. No, that's not possible unless you terminate the SSL connection on the proxy.

Joost

RE: [users@httpd] Re: Custom headers in Connect message

Posted by David Vaughan <Da...@h2osatellite.com>.
Not as I understand MITM.  I've no desire to poke around with https
headers or data.

All I need to do is add an additional header into the CONNECT message.
Apache already inserts a Proxy-agent header into this message and I just
want to do insert a further X-Forwarded-For header which a second proxy
can then inspect.

Dave Vaughan

>Is there any way I can add a custom header (or even just an
>X-Forwarded-For header) into the CONNECT message?

In other words: you want to be able to play MITM. No, that's not
possible unless you terminate the SSL connection on the proxy.

Joost

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message.
All information or opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of Global Technology Ltd.
Global Technology Ltd accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus. Nothing in this e-mail shall bind Global Technology Ltd in any contract or obligation.