Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrej Rosenheinrich <to...@die-titanen.de> on 2001/08/28 01:26:55 UTC

OutOfMEmory?

Hello,

I took the sampleprogram from the last JDC-Techtips newsletter, and
wrote a servlet that reads a tiff-file and gives out the result
(jpg-image) in a webpage. trying this with more than a tiny example
(100x100 pixels) I am getting an OutOfMemory message. The tiff-file is
27KB large, using the method for converting on the commandline I am
getting an 220KB image (jpeg) (conerting works propely). I dont really
believe that this is a memory problem. What else can cause this
errormessage? What limits and quotas would you recommend for tomcat?
Where can I change those limits or quotas? I am using tomcat 3.2.1 under
OpenVMS.

Thanks for any help!
Andrej