Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Michael Kearney <mi...@comcast.net> on 2006/10/12 17:53:36 UTC

SCM URL field not sticky/not updating on web interface

Hello All,

I'm having trouble with trying to update the SCM URL field on the Update
Continuum Project webpage.  I enter my new SCM information, trying to correct an
earlier error.  I then press the submit button and then force a build.  The
build works but when I go back to the Project Info webpage, the SCM information
is back to the old, bad value.  I running Continuum 1.0.3 on Solaris 10 and I
originally ran as root but switched to user 'continuum'.  Any idea what I might
have done to myself?

     Thanks,
       Michael

Re: SCM URL field not sticky/not updating on web interface

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <cg...@israfil.net>.
What I did is create a user on the continuum machine (call it builder
for kicks), and an identical name on the SVN server (CVS would work this
way as well).  I made sure the builder@continuum can ssh via
certificates without passphrases to builder@cvs's account.  Then I have
builder own the continuum installation location, and start it up as that
user.  Any non-anonymous checkouts will (unless otherwise instructed)
use the builder id, who checks out of the repository normally.  (If you
had fine grained access control, you could make him a read-only user,
but then you couldn't do releases with the 1.1 release mechanism.  Anyway.

That set has worked without trouble.

Otherwise, I've setup projects wtih scm urls containing maven variables
that are resolved from profiles.  These variables would be for username,
etc.  I've had less success with the latter approach, though it's
arguably good to do in any case, if you can get it right.

Christian.

--

*christian** gruber + process coach and architect*

*Israfil Consulting Services Corporation*

*email** cgruber@israfil.net + bus 905.640.1119 + mob 416.998.6023*

Re: SCM URL field not sticky/not updating on web interface

Posted by Michael Kearney <mi...@comcast.net>.
(intro removed)