Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Chhavi Bansal <ch...@globallogic.com> on 2007/08/08 14:54:14 UTC

regulate the number of active users

Hi,

I have a scenario where it is required to control the number of
concurrent
threads to a certain value, at any instance of time. For example, at any
given point of time
during the execution of the test,I want that only 100 threads should be
running (it can be <=100 threads
 depending on the application). How can I achieve this using JMeter.

If the above mentioned is not possible,can we find out the number of
threads that are active at one particular instance of time.(say if I m
running a test with 100 users in a forever mode)

 Appreciate any help.

Best Regards
Chhavi

Re: regulate the number of active users

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
You cannot change the number of threads in JMeter once the test has started.

However this is not usually necessary, as one can use timers and the
throughput controller to vary the load see by the server.