Posted to zeta-dev@incubator.apache.org by Christian Weber <we...@hdpmail.de> on 2011/04/06 10:04:40 UTC

Re: [zeta-dev] Bug with Webdav + Bugfix

 Am 30.03.2011 17:55, schrieb Tobias Schlitt:
> The idea of your fix looks generally correct to me. However, we cannot
> simply change the content of the request body, since it would break BC.
> Instead we basically have 2 choices for implementing handling of large
> files:
>
> 1. Adding an option to switch on stream based body handling.
> 2. Abstracting body extraction into a dedicated object to allow
> dependency injection for handling of large bodies.
>
> I'm not yet sure, which way to go. We should discuss this on the list.
>
> In addition, some of your code does not comply to our coding guidelines
> [1]. Would you mind updating it?
>
> Cheers,
> Toby
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/zetacomponents/community/implementation.html

Sorry for answering late.
I don't mind to update the code to comply to your coding guid. For now
I'm not exaclty sure what has to be changed and in which way.

As I read on the mailing list you prefere option 1 (Adding an option to
switch on stream based body handling.).
Is it still necessary to update my code?
I also wouldn't mind to try this kind of fix. I just wasn't sure if
there are any other lines of code that have to be changed.
Also I'm not sure there to add the option and how to read it.

I think setting the option would be like this:
$options                           = new ezcWebdavServerOptions();
$options->streamBody   = true;

$server->options             = $options;

Would be reading like this?
if(ezcWebdavServer::getInstance()->options->streamBody)
else ...

As I see in Webdav/options/server.php the class ezcWebdavServerOptions
should be updated for this

line 53
+ $this->properties['streamBody'] = false;

line 79 - 84
+ case 'streamBody':
+   if ( !is_bool( $value ) )
+   {
+     throw new ezcBaseValueException( $name, $value, 'bool' );
+   }
+   break;

I'll try it that way and I hope it will suit your coding standards.

Regards Chriss

@Jérôme: Thanks for opening the issue for me
The Wesite
http://incubator.apache.org/zetacomponents/community/dev_process.html
points to the wrong issue tracker (http://issues.ez.no/). I had no
problems on the right issue tracker
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZETACOMP). Anyway thanks a lot
for pointing me right.

HDPnet GmbH
Erwin-Rohde-Str. 18
69120 Heidelberg

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marc Hermann
Registergericht: Mannheim HRB 337012
Sitz: Heidelberg
Umsatzsteuer ID Nr.: DE 211 257 470

www.hdpnet.de

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und

Re: [zeta-dev] Bug with Webdav + Bugfix

Posted by Jerome Renard <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Christian Weber <we...@hdpmail.de> wrote:
>  Am 30.03.2011 17:55, schrieb Tobias Schlitt:
[...]
> @Jérôme: Thanks for opening the issue for me
> The Wesite
> http://incubator.apache.org/zetacomponents/community/dev_process.html points
> to the wrong issue tracker (http://issues.ez.no/). I had no problems on the
> right issue tracker (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZETACOMP). Anyway
> thanks a lot for pointing me right.

I just fixed that link, it now points to the correct issue tracker.

--
Jérôme Renard
http://39web.fr | http://jrenard.info | http://twitter.com/jeromerenard