Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Michael Berman <mb...@sqrrl.com> on 2013/08/01 23:15:02 UTC

github mirror

Does anyone know what the process is for getting the github mirror pointed
to the real git repo? Right now it's pointing at a year-old revision off
SVN.  I'd like to fork a branch for my SSL work so I can submit pull
requests back, but it doesn't seem like there's a point if it's so far
diverged from master.

Re: github mirror

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/INFRA-6560<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6560>

In the meantime you can clone
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo.git.

Re: github mirror

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: github mirror

Posted by William Slacum <wi...@accumulo.net>.

Re: github mirror

Posted by Michael Berman <mb...@sqrrl.com>.

Re: github mirror

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
It's worse than that. It has not just diverged from master... it was
based on a whole different git-svn, and it looks like git-svn is
non-deterministic. So, even the stuff that is the same has completely
different commit IDs. What I did
(https://github.com/ctubbsii/accumulo) was fork apache/accumulo on
github, then on my forked repo, I deleted all the tags and branches,
and pushed the correct master to it. I try to keep my master as a
mirror of the latest in our real master, and I have other branches for
features I'm working on. I haven't tried to do a pull request back to
apache/accumulo, but if what Josh says about mailing the dev list is
correct, then it should work.

Either way, you can always just mail the dev list directly, asking us to pull.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii