Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashika Umanga Umangiliya <um...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/18 06:55:21 UTC

Recursive Dependency versions problem ?

Greetings all,

Here is the scenario:

I have two projects

1) homology : uses Velocty 1.5 as a dependency in POM. (Velocity 1.5 has
**commons-collections-3.1**  in dependency list)

2) Mysizouka (a web application) : Has ZK webframework in dependency (ZK has
**commons-collections-2.1 in dependency list

                                                :  Mysizouka uses 'homology'
as a dependency.

First, when I build WAR, 'lib' folder contained the
'commons-collections-2.1' which comes from ZK.So application gave a
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/collections/map/LRUMap,
because Velocity needs 3.1.

Then in Mysizouka POM I added 'commons-collections-3.1' in the dependency
list.
Now when I build the WAR is contains both 'commons-collections-3.1' and
'commons-collections-2.1' ??
How to resolve this? I only need 1.3 ?
Here an illustration to show the scenario:

homology --> needs Velocity 1.5 ------------->uses commons-collections-3.1

MySizouka --> needs ZK framework -----------> uses commons-collections-2.1
     |---- -> needs 'homology' ~~~Velocity~~> need commons-collections-3.1

Re: Recursive Dependency versions problem ?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Now when I build the WAR is contains both 'commons-collections-3.1' and
> 'commons-collections-2.1' ??
> How to resolve this? I only need 1.3 ?

Try running "mvn clean" and then "mvn package" again.

Wayne

Re: Recursive Dependency versions problem ?

Posted by Stefan Seidel <ss...@vub.de>.
You should look at the <exclusions> tag for dependencies[1]. Using this, you can exclude commons-collections from the ZK framework dependency.

Stefan
[1] http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Exclusions

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,