Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Eugene Prigarov <Eu...@enterra-inc.com> on 2004/03/15 10:00:50 UTC

ValidTextArea and ValidUpload components

Hi All.

Developing our recent Tapestry project, I have come to conclusion, there are two very useful components, not released nether in Tapestry framework not  in contrib library. These components are:

1)      ValidTextArea (with properties such as required, minLength, maxLength);

2)      ValidUpload (with "required" property, and maybe "fileSize" or something else).

I was trying to create these components by myself, and I did it, but I suppose there are other people, who need it to.

Re: ValidTextArea and ValidUpload components

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Mar 15, 2004, at 4:00 AM, Eugene Prigarov wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> Developing our recent Tapestry project, I have come to conclusion,
> there are two very useful components, not released nether in Tapestry
> framework not  in contrib library. These components are:
>
> 1)      ValidTextArea (with properties such as required, minLength,
> maxLength);
>
> 2)      ValidUpload (with "required" property, and maybe "fileSize" or
> something else).
>
> I was trying to create these components by myself, and I did it, but I
> suppose there are other people, who need it to.

It is really up to custom IValidators to handle required and other
constraints though, right?

On a somewhat related topic... shouldn't all fields be ValidFields?  I
mean, why not?  Wouldn't it simplify things if
FieldLabel/IValidator/ValidationDelegate all worked for every field?

	Erik