Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by syed kather <in...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/21 13:55:12 UTC

whethere solr 3.3 index file is compatable with solr 4.0

Team

I have indexed my data with solr 3.3 version , As I need to use
hierarchical facets features from solr 4.0 .
Can I use the existing data with Solr 4.0 version or should need to
re-index the data with new version?

            Thanks and Regards,
        S SYED ABDUL KATHER

Re: whethere solr 3.3 index file is compatable with solr 4.0

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
That's correct. Solr4 will read your existing index and let you use it with the feature set it already has.
But in order for you to use new fieldTypes, you need to re-index your data.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Vadim Kisselmann <v....@googlemail.com>.