Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Kyley Jex <kt...@mmm.com> on 2011/12/20 08:40:04 UTC

Payload filtering

I'm working on providing searching for annotated (use of UIMA) Medical
Documents.  In the context of the annotated document, we identify relevant
medical terms.  We also identify the negation of certain terms.  From what
I've read and seen in examples, I'm using payloads to associate the
annotation and negation information to the terms.

I have 2 situations for searching: textual search and special search.  In
the special search, I wish to exclude those terms from the results that have
the negation annotation associated with the term's payload.

>From the examples I've run, the use of payloads is straight forward in terms
of boosting.  However, I'm not certain what is required to use the payloads
to exclude/filter out terms.

Is the use of payloads I've described appropriate?  What is required to
exclude/filter based on payload?   Are there any examples that do this?

Cheers,
Kyley