Posted to community@apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@nifty.com> on 2004/01/23 06:10:09 UTC

Re: Gump Spam

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:58:01 -0700
(Subject: Gump Spam (was Re: Who decides who is 'worthy' for Planet Apache?))
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

> > I, for one, posted that Gump should be removed.  I believe several others
> > chimed in with the same sentiment.  So, Thom wasn't alone in his
> assessment
> > in the situation.  And, as to whether non-ASF content should be blogged,
> > there was discussion about that on the Planet - and the consensus I saw
> was
> > that we are interested in the person not their ASF activities.  -- justin

> I think what caused me most surprise was that I missed the whole darn 'Shut
> The Gump Up' conversation. If I'd known Gump was pissing folks off so much
> I'd've pulled it myself (as I did that day when it was producing HTML w/ an
> open table tag.) What is somewhat amusing is that Gump was pulled for
> verbosity (and/or boringness) from conversations on a page that I've already
> stopped reading due to it's verbosity/noise...

I think it that Gump has a very weak "Van der Waals force" (^_^).
Maybe it is due to the fact that the messages (naggings) from Jakarta Gump
would never influence (be influenced) to/by the other subscribers'
opinions/participations. I'm plus one to opins from Justin/Thom etc.

However, do not be afraid. Perhaps you can create *new* "second planet"
for gumpy etc. (Before that, I'd like to see "Adam's blog", by the way :)
I do/did not think it that Gumpy naggings are/were noisy, however,
you might have to think of the weak "Van der Waals force" / "Gravity force"
with the other subscribers. Cheers.

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)