Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <Ma...@gov.mb.ca> on 2007/09/10 17:36:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Upgrade 1.3.29 to 1.3.37

I have a couple of 1.3.29 servers that I need to bring up to scratch.  I
have only installed the servers in the past,  I have never had to do an
upgrade.  I have looked through the FAQ's and docs, but I can't find
anything that says, "to upgrade do this".  I can't believe it is as
simple as configure, make, make install and I need to preserve my conf
files.  Any enlightenment appreciated.  Thanks.

Regards, Marshall

RE: [users@httpd] Upgrade 1.3.29 to 1.3.37

Posted by "McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <Ma...@gov.mb.ca>.

My tests agree with what you say.  Thanks.

Posted by Whit Blauvelt <wh...@transpect.com>.

Posted by Phillip Hamilton <ph...@myarchive.biz>.
I know you're on a Linux box, but watch for a change in the install path.
With windows they moved Apache 2 to /program files/Apache whereas with 1.x
they installed to c:\Apache

Other than that, much is the same.

OH, Vhosts are in a separate file now too with version 2.
Apache's gone much more modular, but it's easy to figure out.

A few cuts and pastes and you'll be running 2.6 in no time.
(unless you were just installing updates to 1.x version, in which I'll
return
the 30 seconds of your life I just wasted, heh!)

GL!

>>     I have a couple of 1.3.29 servers that I need to bring up to
>>     scratch.  I have only installed the servers in the past,  I have
>>     never had to do an upgrade.  I have looked through the FAQ's and
>>     docs, but I can't find anything that says, "to upgrade do this".
>>     I can't believe it is as simple as configure, make, make install
>>     and I need to preserve my conf files.  Any enlightenment
>>     appreciated.  Thanks.
>>
>>     Regards, Marshall
>>
>Personaly, I think that one will replace the other, using the same
>directory structure and so on.
>Especially since you don't want to make a very big hop.
>Backup your config files, just in case.
>
>The obvious, anyway, is to try on one machine that can cause no harm.

That is indeed the obvious, but I was hoping for the benefit of
someone's experience.  Thanks for the reply none the less.

Posted by "McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <Ma...@gov.mb.ca>.

Posted by Luis Moreira <lu...@esi.pt>.

Posted by "McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <Ma...@gov.mb.ca>.
Nobody? Anybody?