Posted to users@maven.apache.org by lightbulb432 <ve...@hotmail.com> on 2007/05/02 18:24:18 UTC

How did pom file in repository get info

I had a missing dependency on JAR files for JTA when I tried to build a
project, so I did a mvn install:install-file as suggested. The JTA jars that
I downloaded were correctly put into the repository, and in its .pom file I
noticed that it was prepopulated with information about its <name>,
<description>, <url>, and <distributionManagement>/<downloadURL>.

I'm wondering how it got this information when I didn't enter it in my
install-file command? Very weird...

Thanks.

Re: How did pom file in repository get info

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
Hi,

When you installed your jar, did you set this parameter: -DgeneratePom=true?
If you didn't (default is generatePom=false), I think the pom in your
repo was the one downloaded from
ibiblio when you've built the project that has a dependency on the jta
jar. From what I saw in ibiblio, only the jta jar file is missing.. but
the pom is there :)

If you want to use the generated pom during the install-file, remove the
jta jar and pom (together with the checksum files) and perform 'mvn
install:install-file' with the parameter -DgeneratePom=true.

Thanks,
Deng