Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Fallows <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/10 00:07:53 UTC

[m2] optimizing custom plugin execution

Folks,

I'm writing a maven2 plugin that needs to parse various xml metadata
files to drive it's behavior.

There are a number of different (optional) goals in the same m2 plugin
that need to consume the same xml metadata.

Right now, each different goal is a different Mojo, with different
instance state, so each Mojo is re-parsing the metadata files.

Is there a best practice for sharing information across goals within
the same plugin for the same lifecycle execution?

Could the metadata be parsed on demand, and then maybe stored
somewhere on the MavenProject for subsequent Mojos to locate?

Kind Regards,
John Fallows.

Re: [m2] optimizing custom plugin execution

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Not yet...

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-823

- Brett