Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Trapo <ne...@trapo.it> on 2004/02/17 22:34:51 UTC

Editing a custom doctype

hi list,

i'm trying to enhance my default publication with a custom doctype like
this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<note xmlns="http://www.w3schools.com"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3schools.com note.xsd">
    <to>Tove</to>
    <from>Jani</from>
    <heading>Reminder</heading>
</note>

i can (thanks to nobby, greg and roku on irc ;) ) add a new note page
with custom menu. Now i would like to edit it.

i think that there are 2 ways: bxe and forms. I don't know anything
about both :) and i need help on this. First of all i want to try forms
but i have no idea how should i start, which xsl should i provide and
where they must be placed?

While i wait your kind help i'm going to study a bit of xupdate since it
seems fundamental to understand the process. TYIA

Giampaolo

Re: Editing a custom doctype

Posted by Giampaolo <ne...@trapo.it>.
I have looked at entry.xsl in the blog publication under
../pubs/blog/lenya/xslt/formeditor/ but it's not simple to read..

if i understand right, having my xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<note xmlns="http://www.w3schools.com"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3schools.com note.xsd">
   <to>Tove</to>
    <from>Jani</from>
    <heading>Reminder</heading>
</note>

i should have something like

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns:w3schools="http://www.w3schools.com"
  xmlns:ent="http://www.purl.org/NET/ENT/1.0/"

<xsl:template match="w3schools:to">
<node name="Content (text/plain as CDATA)">
</node>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

for each node of note?

what kind of xupdate statement have i to insert in action?
how should be the final transfomated xml?
any doc/wiki/sample besides blog?

giampaolo

Re: Editing a custom doctype

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Trapo wrote:

> hi list,
>
> i'm trying to enhance my default publication with a custom doctype
> like this:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <note xmlns="http://www.w3schools.com"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3schools.com note.xsd">
>    <to>Tove</to>
>    <from>Jani</from>
>    <heading>Reminder</heading>
> </note>
>
> i can (thanks to nobby, greg and roku on irc ;) ) add a new note page
> with custom menu. Now i would like to edit it.
>
> i think that there are 2 ways: bxe and forms. I don't know anything
> about both :) and i need help on this. First of all i want to try
> forms but i have no idea how should i start, which xsl should i
> provide and where they must be placed?

they must be placed within

.../pubs/my-pub/lenya/xslt/formeditor/...

take a look at the blog publication

> While i wait your kind help i'm going to study a bit of xupdate since
> it seems fundamental to understand the process. TYIA

yes, that's true.

you can Google for "XUpdate usecase"

HTH

Michi