Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eric West <er...@open-silicon.com> on 2005/07/05 19:28:36 UTC

potential issue with javahl on EM64T/ GNU/Linux

Hi,

Here is a potential bug I reported on the subclipse mailing list and
they told me to post it over here:

-Eric

Ignoring the error does not seem to work for me.  I am installing javahl
and seeing if that makes any difference.  I have no clue what I am
doing...  However in the process I came across a bug that may interest
the subversion team.  On a 32-bit pentium-4 system running redhat linux
I run 'make check-javahl' and it passes.  But on an EM64T system running
SusE Linux and latest release of java amd64 SDK I get the following
failure for make check-javahl:

sky5 local/subversion-1.2.0# make check-javahl
/usr/local/java/bin/java
-Djava.library.path=subversion/bindings/java/javahl/native/.libs:/usr/local/lib -classpath subversion/bindings/java/javahl/classes:/usr/local/junit/junit.jar:
/usr/local/java/jre/lib:/usr/local/java/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/usr
/local/java/jre/lib/jce.jar:/usr/local/java/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/usr/local/java/jre/lib/rt.jar org.tigris.subversion.javahl.tests.BasicTests
......................F.
Time: 63.592
There was 1 failure:
1)
testBasicLocking(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.tests.BasicTests)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: file should be read
only now expected:<false> but was:<true>
        at
org.tigris.subversion.javahl.tests.BasicTests.testBasicLocking(BasicTests.java:1326)
        at
        at
        at
org.tigris.subversion.javahl.tests.BasicTests.main(BasicTests.java:67)

-Eric

Re: javahl test failure (was: potential issue with javahl on EM64T/ GNU/Linux)

Posted by Eric West <er...@open-silicon.com>.
O ......................F.
> > Time: 63.592
> > There was 1 failure:
> > 1)
> > testBasicLocking(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.tests.BasicTests)junit.framew
> >ork.AssertionFailedError: file should be read only now expected:<false> but
> > was:<true>
> >         at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.tests.BasicTests.testBasicLocking(BasicTests.j
> >ava:1326) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:3
> >9) at
> > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImp
> >l.java:25) at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.tests.BasicTests.main(BasicTests.java:67)
> >

> I've seen that error before.  If I run the tests as root, or using fakeroot,
> that test fails every time.  Since the tests pass when run as normal user,
> I'm guessing that the test is somehow broken by superuser privileges.
> However I haven't got round to investigating why its failing.
>
> Hope this helps

Well yes I did run the test as root.  Assuming this problem goes away
when not root then it is probably not an issue.

-Eric

Posted by Andrew Vaughan <aj...@netspace.net.au>.
Hi Eric