Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com> on 2013/07/25 16:02:14 UTC

OO site certificate still bad

A while ago, I mentioned the ssl certificate is not valid.  It's valid
only for Apache.  It still hasn't been fixed.  This will dissuade those
who use ssl from downloading.

Re: OO site certificate still bad

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM, James Knott <ja...@rogers.com> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> But we are looking into getting a site certificate for
>> *.openoffice.org.  That would help secure other things, like forum and
>> wiki logins, etc.  Of course this is not tied to the product release
>> schedule.
>

> If I'm not mistaken, certificates can be for multiple domains.

Multiple subdomains certainly, thus *.openoffice.org.

-Rob

Re: OO site certificate still bad

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM, James Knott <ja...@rogers.com> wrote:
> A while ago, I mentioned the ssl certificate is not valid.  It's valid only
> for Apache.  It still hasn't been fixed.  This will dissuade those who use
> ssl from downloading.

Dissuade?  Yesterday we saw a record one-day total of 205,202
downloads of AOO.  This breaks our previous one-day record of 197,479
which was set August 30th, 2012.

I'm not sure we could handle much more traffic ;-)

But we are looking into getting a site certificate for
*.openoffice.org.  That would help secure other things, like forum and
wiki logins, etc.  Of course this is not tied to the product release
schedule.

Regards,

-Rob