Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "Glynn, Eoghan" <eo...@iona.com> on 2007/06/20 15:46:09 UTC

RE: Picking up config from non-specific Service.getPort()

Dan,

Obviously I misread your response ... i.e. I got the impression that you
intended to fix this, but it looks like the issue still exists ... so I
guess you meant that you weren't objecting to the problem being fixed,
as opposed to signing up to do the fix.

Anyway, have you any ideas as to why the injection of the <jaxws:client>
bean doesn't occur if the port name isn't specified explicitly by the
application?

/Eoghan

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

RE: Picking up config from non-specific Service.getPort()

Posted by "Glynn, Eoghan" <eo...@iona.com>.

I can confirm that as I also noticed the SoapPort versus GreeterPort
mismatch when I came across this issue first, and also found that that
changing the bean id to "...GreeterPort" had no effect.

Cheers,
Eoghan

> Cheers,
> - Dan
>
> On 6/20/07, Liu, Jervis <jl...@iona.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Guys, I can take a look into this issue. I plan to work on a
> > relevant issue, which is Service.getPort(java.lang.Class<T>
> > serviceEndpointInterface) does not work, JIRA CXF-735. I will make
> > sure the injection stuff working properly when I work on cxf-735.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jervis

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: Picking up config from non-specific Service.getPort()

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Hiya Jervis,

I was looking into this issue for a while tonight, but I haven't figured it
out really. I do know that the first problem is that the "{...}SoapPort"
isn't the one being selected by the getPort() call - its selecting the
GreeterPort. But even if I change my config its not being picked up. But I
could be doing something silly, so you might want to verify that for
yourself :-)

Cheers,
- Dan

On 6/20/07, Liu, Jervis <jl...@iona.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys, I can take a look into this issue. I plan to work on a relevant
> issue, which is Service.getPort(java.lang.Class<T>
> serviceEndpointInterface) does not work, JIRA CXF-735. I will make sure the
> injection stuff working properly when I work on cxf-735.
>
> Cheers,
> Jervis

Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

RE: Picking up config from non-specific Service.getPort()

Posted by "Glynn, Eoghan" <eo...@iona.com>.

Yep, all this assertion is checking is that "foo" property has been
injected with a value of "bar", as configured in the
soapServiceConfig.xml.

The actual proxy returned from Service.getPort() is usable in the sense
that invocation could be made on it.

The point I guess I was making in my last mail was simply that the title
of the JIRA "javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(java.lang.Class<T>
serviceEndpointInterface) does not work" is a bit misleading, as
Service.getPort() does sortta work in the sense that it returns a
usuable proxy.

What doesn't work is the injection of the configuration from the
corresponding <jaxws:client> bean.

Cheers,
Eoghan

> Cheers,
> Jervis

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

RE: Picking up config from non-specific Service.getPort()

Posted by "Glynn, Eoghan" <eo...@iona.com>.

Thanks Jervis,

Posted by "Liu, Jervis" <jl...@iona.com>.
Hi Guys, I can take a look into this issue. I plan to work on a relevant issue, which is Service.getPort(java.lang.Class<T> serviceEndpointInterface) does not work, JIRA CXF-735. I will make sure the injection stuff working properly when I work on cxf-735.

Cheers,
Jervis

I can take a peek... I just thought you wanted feedback on whether or not
that was the right approach. Cheers,
- Dan

On 6/20/07, Glynn, Eoghan <eo...@iona.com> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Obviously I misread your response ... i.e. I got the impression that you
> intended to fix this, but it looks like the issue still exists ... so I
> guess you meant that you weren't objecting to the problem being fixed,
> as opposed to signing up to do the fix.
>
> Anyway, have you any ideas as to why the injection of the <jaxws:client>
> bean doesn't occur if the port name isn't specified explicitly by the
> application?
>
> /Eoghan

Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: Picking up config from non-specific Service.getPort()

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
I can take a peek... I just thought you wanted feedback on whether or not
that was the right approach. Cheers,
- Dan

On 6/20/07, Glynn, Eoghan <eo...@iona.com> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Obviously I misread your response ... i.e. I got the impression that you
> intended to fix this, but it looks like the issue still exists ... so I
> guess you meant that you weren't objecting to the problem being fixed,
> as opposed to signing up to do the fix.
>
> Anyway, have you any ideas as to why the injection of the <jaxws:client>
> bean doesn't occur if the port name isn't specified explicitly by the
> application?
>
> /Eoghan

Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions