Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mufaddal Khumri <mu...@wmotion.com> on 2003/10/07 10:29:22 UTC

pre compile and deploy - ?

Hi,

I have a web app and am running it under Tomcat 4.1.18. This might be a
very common issue that I am facing. Basically the first time a .jsp
page gets hit .. it gets compiled into a .class file. This happens for
every .jsp file in the webapp. Is there a way that I can tell tomcat to
compile the .jsps in my webapp without anybody having to access the
.jsp page ?

Thanks.

Re: pre compile and deploy - ?

Posted by Filip Hanik <de...@hanik.com>.
two ways:

1. compile it into the tomcat work directory (expanded wars only)
(this option allows you to change JSPs on the fly)
http://cvs.apache.org/~fhanik/precompile.html

2. pre compile it according tomcat docs, see docs
(this option precompiles jsps into servlets, and you have define them in
web.xml)

Filip