Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by vivek k <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/01 08:15:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Reg. Permissions problem

Hi All,
  I am Vivek. I am faced with a problem regarding an
applications which runs under Redhat Linux.

  The application userid is dts and groupid being
dtsprod. The Apache
server httpd runs as wwwsvr and when it tries to
execute the application
this application creates a log file wth userid dts and
groupid as
dtprod in the /tmp directory.

  rw_r__r__   dts  dtsprod  appexec.log

  When the Apache server tries to modify the file it
is gving
permission denied error in the error_log file.

  Is there a way of solving this problem ? Can i
configure the Webserver to run as userID dts.

Regards,
Vivek

RE: [users@httpd] Reg. Permissions problem

Posted by Declerck Michael-W30479 <W3...@motorola.com>.
>  Can i configure the Webserver to run as userID dts.

You can configure the web server to run as whomever you choose.
You can change the user and group within the <IfModule
!mpm_netware_module> directive, with 'User <user>' and 'Group <group>'.
I am using Apache2.2 though.

http://mail.yahoo.com