Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by StanleyTan <st...@hotmail.com> on 2009/05/25 12:02:54 UTC

New user here clearing doubts

hi all,

i'm new to lucene. will like to ask, am i able to integrate lucene search
into my normal html pages, not web applications? meaning just viewing of
html pages and searching for them using lucene. using javascript or java
applet.

if possible, how am i able to do that?

Re: New user here clearing doubts

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Could you re-ask this on java-user instead?

This list discusses how to develop Lucene, while java-user discusses
how to use Lucene.

Mike

Posted by StanleyTan <st...@hotmail.com>.
hi Uwe Schindler,

can u further explain to me what do u mean by different techniques to enable
dynamic content? there isnt any way i can apply lucene into my javascript
and call the function? it is only for searching through a folder of .html
files. i'm sorry, new to lucene and desperately need help :-/

RE: New user here clearing doubts

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
You need at least some active component on the web server, that processes
the search. Simple HTML pages cannot do this alone. It depends on the
technology what you want to use, e.g. you can use different techniques to
enable dynamic content, but Lucene is a Java solution, so a web application
is to be used. A ready to use web application is e.g. Solr.

But this question is not suitable for this mailing list, please ask futher
questions on java-user@lucene.apache.org

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler