Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Goel, Amithkumar" <am...@sap.com.INVALID> on 2022/01/21 07:48:52 UTC

FW: Need information on broker instance creation in interactive mode via Java code.

Hi,

I know I am including dev mailing list also (Sorry for that), but if anyone can help me here will be really grateful.

Regards,
Amith Goel.

From: "Goel, Amithkumar" <am...@sap.com>
Date: Thursday, 20 January 2022 at 3:36 PM
To: "user@activemq.apache.org" <us...@activemq.apache.org>
Subject: Need information on broker instance creation in interactive mode via Java code.

Hi all,

I wanted to create artemis broker instance via interactive mode using a Java application. I have written a sample code to execute the windows command and provide the input in an interactive mode kindly find the java file as an attachment.

Now if I run the command as below where all input like username, password, etc is given in the command itself it works fine:

String command = "<Java_home>\\jre\\bin\\javaw.exe\" -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -Xms512M -Xmx1024M -classpath \"<ARTEMIS_HOME>\\java\\lib\\artemis-boot.jar\" -Dartemis.home=\"<ARTEMIS_HOME>\\java\" org.apache.activemq.artemis.boot.Artemis create --user "Administrator" --password "Password1" --role admin --allow-anonymous y \"E:\\MessagingQueueBroker1\"";

But if I run the command in interactive mode as below:

String command = "<Java_home>\\jre\\bin\\javaw.exe\" -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -Xms512M -Xmx1024M -classpath \"<ARTEMIS_HOME>\\java\\lib\\artemis-boot.jar\" -Dartemis.home=\"<ARTEMIS_HOME>\\java\" org.apache.activemq.artemis.boot.Artemis create \"E:\\MessagingQueueBroker1\"";

Then it asks for the input in an interactive way, and I am providing the input via java code.

BufferedWriter writer = new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(process.getOutputStream()));

writer.write("Administrator\n");

writer.flush();

………

It gives an exception “The pipe is being closed” while providing the password but it is working fine for all other parameters. Do anyone have solution w.r.t this issue. I want to run command in interactive mode only.

Regards,

Amith Goel.

Re: FW: Need information on broker instance creation in interactive mode via Java code.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Did you not see my previous reply?

Justin