Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net> on 2010/05/26 14:36:47 UTC

Wookie Pluggable Persistence Status

Guys,

I have a stand-alone JPA implementation completed an am starting on the
JCR version. By stand-alone, I mean that it is functionally complete but
it yet to be integrated back into the Wookie proper. The APIs and
interface points are similar, so this should be trivial. Probably the
biggest issue with this last step will be the integration with the
Wookie build.

I also integrated DDLUtils to generate schema SQL scripts for many
popular databases and included the DB setup in the pluggable persistence
component.

Once I get the JCR implementation proven, I will send along the APIs for
your review. If you approve, I will make a final patch that will
integrate it all into Wookie. My overall ETA on this is mid June at the
latest, hopefully sooner.

Thanks for your patience,

Randy

Re: Wookie Pluggable Persistence Status

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Submitted JIRA issue WOOKIE-144 which includes a prototype project to
review. If this approach is acceptable, I will start work on the patch
to get it integrated with the Wookie server build and runtime.

Let me know how it looks! Thanks,

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
Going through it now - there are some issues with the runtime aspects (DWR) but it does compile and run so I'll check it into the branch ASAP.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
I've not been able to review the code yet, but great work guys!

Ross

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
No, I've no idea why that didn't take. I'll patch that file again and commit the changes.

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Scott,

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Scott,