Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Quinton McCombs <qu...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/22 19:14:15 UTC

Workbook saved using POI 3.16 needs to be repaired when opening in Excel 2016

I have run into a problem after upgrading from POI 3.14 to POI 3.16. With
POI 3.14, I can load a workbook, save it, and then open in Excel 2016
without a problem. However, after upgrading to POI 3.16, the workbook needs
to be repaired after opening in Excel. The repaired version of the workbook
loses some formatting and all named ranges are gone.

I have created a test project which loads a workbook and then saves it. The
workbook output.xlsx is corrupted after running the test.

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated!

https://github.com/quintonm/poi-test

Re: Workbook saved using POI 3.16 needs to be repaired when opening in Excel 2016

Posted by "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com>.
Could you try poi 3.17?

Re: Workbook saved using POI 3.16 needs to be repaired when opening in Excel 2016

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Fri, 22 Jun 2018, Quinton McCombs wrote:
> I have run into a problem after upgrading from POI 3.14 to POI 3.16.
> With POI 3.14, I can load a workbook, save it, and then open in Excel
> 2016 without a problem. However, after upgrading to POI 3.16, the
> workbook needs to be repaired after opening in Excel. The repaired
> version of the workbook loses some formatting and all named ranges are
> gone.

Can you try a recent nightly build, and see if we've already fixed it
since 3.16?

Nick