Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/11/19 04:58:06 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "DataImportHandlerFaq" by NoblePaul

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by NoblePaul:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq

   * I'm using DataImportHandler with MS SQL Server database with sqljdbc driver. DataImportHandler is going out of memory. I tried adjustng the batchSize values but they don't seem to make any difference. How do I fix this?
    * There's a connection property called responseBuffering in the sqljdbc driver whose default value is "full" which causes the entire result set to be fetched. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms378988.aspx for more details. You can set this property to "adaptive" to keep the driver from getting everything into memory. Connection properties like this can be set as an attribute (responseBuffering="adaptive") in the dataSource configuration OR directly in the jdbc url specified in DataImportHandler's dataSource configuration.
+  * Is it possible to use core properties inside data-config xml?
+   * Add your property in the invariant section of solrconfig's DataImportHandler element. For example, add this section:
+   * Use it as ${dataimporter.request.xmlDataDir} in your data-config to access this.
+   * [http://markmail.org/message/svlmsygl3sss4f67 see the mail thread]