Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Sheen Brisals <sh...@hp.com> on 2002/04/19 10:49:24 UTC

How to get the value of xs:documentation schema

Hi all,

I've been using Xerces 1.4 and parsing and manipulating DOM without
much trouble. I am bit lost when I tried to get value ("Comment
describing your top element" as in the following schema) out of a
<documentation> schema element. While examining the DOM Node interface
for the xsd:documentation node using the debugger I found NamedNodeMap
and ChildNode are null. Node.getNodeValue() also returns null.
Following is a sample schema I'm trying to deal with.

Any help will be very useful.

Regards,
Sheen

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
elementFormDefault="qualified">
    <xsd:element name="TopElement">
        <xsd:annotation>
                <xsd:documentation>Comment describing your top
element</xsd:documentation>
        </xsd:annotation>
        <xsd:complexType>
            <xsd:sequence>
                <xsd:element name="Child1" type="xsd:string" />
                <xsd:element name="Child2" type="xsd:string" />
            </xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>
    </xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>