Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tim Johnson <Ti...@Sunquest.com> on 2001/10/16 16:30:13 UTC

New features of Axis

I was wondering if someone could explain the client-config.xml file.
I was not watching close enough, so I am not exactly sure what caused
this file to be created.
Normally this file is created when you run
java org.apache.axis.utils.Admin client client_deploy.xml
but I don't remember doing that.
Anyways, is the client-config.xml read in when we create a ServiceClient
object?

Can you set up a chain so that the soap message is sent to another Axis
Engine
on another box, or do you set up a handler that acts like a Axis client
which passes
the soap message onto the other Axis Engine?

In SOAP 2.2 you could return a DOM Element from an RPC Call using the
following:

Call call = new Call(); call.setTargetObjectURI("urn:someservice");
call.setMethodName("callmethod");
call.setEncodingStyleURI( Constants.NS_URI_LITERAL_XML );
String strparam = "joebob";
Vector params = new Vector();
params.addElement( new Parameter( "strparam", String.class, strparam,
Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC ) );

How would you do this same thing in Axis?