Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jesper Zedlitz <jz...@freenet.de> on 2006/06/13 11:55:07 UTC

looking for table component

Hi,

I am looking for a table component that will generate tables that look like
this: http://saturn.genealogy.net/~jesper/table1.html

The user can choose a letter and will get a paged list of entries that start
with that letter. The active column can be hard coded in the page (example
1). Or even better the user can choose the acitve column (example 2).

In the background a class implementing something like the IBasicTableModel
should be responsible for providing the data.

Does such a component already exist? If not I would start to work on it.

-- Jesper

Re: looking for table component

Posted by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com>.
I don't know the details, but I do know that contrib:table is actually
just a component that wraps other components that make up the table -
tableView, tableColumn, tableRows, etc. TableView itself wrap sthe
TablePages component, and I think you could overload TablePages to
provide the functionality you are looking for.  However, it would be
difficult, within the table model, to provide accurate offsets and
limits for page by page requests, so you might have to do it only with
tables that keep the entire result set in memory - or else run a fair
number of extra queries to figure out extra limits and offsets for the
alphabet based pages.

--sam