Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/07 12:19:40 UTC

VOTE: Release commons-fileupload 1.2 (3rd attempt)

Hi,

I have prepared commons-fileupload-1.2rc3. Compared to 1.2rc2, the
following changes have been made:

- The sources are now available as tar.gz and .zip file.
- The build has been made with JDK 1.5.0_11, rather than 1.6.0rc1.

Please  note, that this release (like all releases) requires, in
particular, 3 positive votes from PMC members.

Thanks,

Jochen

[ ] +1
[ ] =0
[ ] -1

--
How fast can a year go? As fast as your childs first year.

Re: VOTE: Release commons-fileupload 1.2 (3rd attempt)

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 2/7/07, Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> LICENSE and NOTICE missing from -sources.jar and -javadoc.jar
>
> Shouldn't be hard for Jochen to fix this prior to release.
>
>> Website has lost a lot of stuff compared to existing website
>
> A lot of stuff. An odd logo for Commons, missing logo for FileUpload,
> missing ApacheCon advert, missing Commons items on the LHS.
>
> The .pom file is an M2 pom, so we need to make sure it goes to the m2
> ibiblio repo and not the m1 ibiblio repo [I'm sure you know that
> Jochen, just stating the obvious as it never hurts].
>
> PGP sig checks out. MD5s are good.
>
> The build.xml is odd - it gets jars from repo1.maven.org (good) and
> then tries to get them from the apache snapshot repo. That's odd - I'm
> guessing this is a bug in the Maven build.xml plugin? Not a blocker.

Without looking actually looking at the code in question, I think it is
working as expected. If fileupload or any of its ancestors declare the
snapshot repo as a place to look for artifacts, I think it should be
used by the ant build as well.

<snip/>

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: VOTE: Release commons-fileupload 1.2 (3rd attempt)

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 2/7/07, Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> LICENSE and NOTICE missing from -sources.jar and -javadoc.jar

Shouldn't be hard for Jochen to fix this prior to release.

> Website has lost a lot of stuff compared to existing website

A lot of stuff. An odd logo for Commons, missing logo for FileUpload,
missing ApacheCon advert, missing Commons items on the LHS.

The .pom file is an M2 pom, so we need to make sure it goes to the m2
ibiblio repo and not the m1 ibiblio repo [I'm sure you know that
Jochen, just stating the obvious as it never hurts].

PGP sig checks out. MD5s are good.

The build.xml is odd - it gets jars from repo1.maven.org (good) and
then tries to get them from the apache snapshot repo. That's odd - I'm
guessing this is a bug in the Maven build.xml plugin? Not a blocker.

Src rebuilds happily under ant, maven1 + maven2.

The checkstyle report has 2 'errors'.  I don't see the clirr report.

Blockers:

* Site
* Clirr report

Hen

Re: VOTE: Release commons-fileupload 1.2 (3rd attempt)

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
LICENSE and NOTICE missing from -sources.jar and -javadoc.jar
Website has lost a lot of stuff compared to existing website

Stephen

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Hi,

in addition to the points Stephen has already mentioned:

- The source distro deflates into the same directory as the binary
distro. It is common practice to name the directory
"commons-fileupload-1.2rc3-src".
- I tested the builds with maven 1, 2, and ant. They all work, but when
building with ant the LICENSE is missing from the jar and the manifest
does not contain the usual entries.

I don't think these points are show stoppers, but they should be easy to
fix.

Oliver

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Hm, I probably did not follow this thread in the past, so can you please
point me to where I find the files of this rc?

Thanks
Oliver

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> Hi, Jörg,
>
> On 2/10/07, Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> well, I tried hard to find the cause for this, but failed so far. If you
>> look at the stack trace, it simply does not make sense also. Nevertheless
>> when I run the test from within Eclipse with the JRockit 1.5 runtime, the
>> ProgressListenerTest fails every 2nd execution in exactly the reported
>> way. Due to some sysouts I know now, that it happens when the runTest is
>> called the 2nd time *after* the first call to the listener. Unfortunately
>> if you try to debug it, everything seems to work well. OTOH I am quite
>> unfamiliar with the code ...
>>
>> Maybe you wanna try it youself, JRockit can be freely downloaded at
>> http://commerce.bea.com/products/weblogicjrockit/jrockit_prod_fam.jsp
>
> Could you please replace line 93 in the ProgressListenerTest with the
> following:
>
>         /**
>                  * This used to be
>                  *     assertEquals((byte) j, (byte) istream.read());
>                  * but this seems to trigger a bug in JRockit, so
>                  * we express the same like this:
>         */
>                 byte b1 = (byte) j;
>                 byte b2 = (byte) istream.read();
>                 if (b1 != b2) {
>                     fail("Expected " + b1 + ", got " + b2);
>                 }
>
> That seems to work for me, for whatever reason.

Same here. Strange. Well, so this is definitely nothing that should prevent
this release

+1

- Jörg

Re: VOTE: Release commons-fileupload 1.2 (3rd attempt)

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Jörg,

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Jochen,

Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> On 2/9/07, Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> testProgressListener(org.apache.commons.fileupload.ProgressListenerTest):
>> FAILED
>> expected:<-128> but was:<-128>
>
> This sounds like two different kinds of objects with "same" values,
> for example (short) -128 as opposed to (int) -128.

Yeah, but it does not make sense. The error message indicated, that an
assertion failed and in that code I cannot see anywhere a call with an
Object, assertXXX it is always called with the native types.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Jochen,

I've running the tests from the sources in Gentoo Linux with Maven 1 and the
JDKs:

- Sun JDK 1.6.0
- Sun JDK 1.5.0
- Blackdown JDK 1.4.2
- IBM JDK 1.5.0
- JRockit JDK 1.5.0

Nevertheless JRockit fails half of the time here with an obscure failure. I
also see the IBM JDK with an extreme long duration time (3-4 times longer
than Sun) for this test (although it succeeds in the end). The test seems
somewhat brittle.

========= %< ============
Testsuite: org.apache.commons.fileupload.ProgressListenerTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 11,019 sec

Testcase:
testProgressListener(org.apache.commons.fileupload.ProgressListenerTest):
FAILED
expected:<-128> but was:<-128>
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<-128> but was:<-128>
        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.ProgressListenerTest.runTest(ProgressListenerTest.java:85)
        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.ProgressListenerTest.testProgressListener(ProgressListenerTest.java:81)
        at jrockit.reflect.VirtualNativeMethodInvoker.invoke(Ljava.lang.Object
[Ljava.lang.Object;)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag.doTag(AntTag.java:185)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:279)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:135)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:233)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.IfTag.doTag(IfTag.java:88)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:279)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:135)
        at
org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.werkz.MavenGoalTag.runBodyTag(MavenGoalTag.java:79)
        at
org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.werkz.MavenGoalTag$MavenGoalAction.performAction(MavenGoalTag.java:110)
        at com.werken.werkz.Goal.fire(Goal.java:639)
        at com.werken.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:575)
        at com.werken.werkz.Goal.attainPrecursors(Goal.java:488)

- Jörg