Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Cédric Durmont <cd...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/24 17:01:49 UTC

NullPointerException testing Trinidad 2.1.0

I'm currently testing my trinidad 2.0.x app with Trinidad 2.1.0 / myfaces
2.1.14
I'm having an issue but I'm not sure if it's Trinidad's fault, or MyFaces
(or mine !)...

When returning from a dialog popup, I have a NullPointerException in
UIComponentBase.java (myfaces, then) :
protected Renderer getRenderer(FacesContext context)
{
[...]
        RenderKit renderKit = context.getRenderKit();    // context :
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.FacesContextFactoryImpl$CacheRenderKit
        renderer = renderKit.getRenderer(getFamily(), rendererType);    //
exception here

The renderKit variable is null, hence the NPE.
The context object is from Trinidad...

The component that is being rendered at the time of the error is an
outputScript :

<h:outputScript library="js" name="convertNumber.js" target="head"
id="jsConvertNumber"/>

Should I file a JIRA ticket ? If so, in Trinidad or MyFaces ?

Regards,
Cedric Durmont

[TRINIDAD] NullPointerException testing Trinidad 2.1.0 (was NullPointerException testing Trinidad 2.1.0)

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
..adding the Trinidad prefix will help get this more traction.

I assume your using the Trinidad Renderkit?  If so, can you make a simple test case that illustrates this and file a JIRA ticket?  Maybe in the course of making a simple test case, you may figure out what the issue is. ;)
--
Scott O'Bryan
Sent with Airmail