Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by PieterN <se...@internethoofdkantoor.nl> on 2007/06/22 15:56:12 UTC

Weird problem with network of brokers

Hi,

I've encountered a weird problem with a network of brokers setup. I have two
activemq servers, local and remote. Each connect to eachother with a static
networkConnector configurator. I have a consumer connecting to one of the
servers, with a durable subscription on a topic. Everything works as
expected: the consumer receives messages sent to either server, no matter to
which server is connected.

The problem comes when i kill one server, say the server 'remote'. The
consumer can continue on the server 'local' without any problems. Messages
sent to 'local' are received. When I start 'remote' again, the problem
faces: if I connect the consumer to 'remote', I keep receiving the messages
over and over again, even though I ACK each message. The only way to stop
this, is to kill both servers, and remove their data directories (both
brokers have the persistent flag set). All messages are also persistent.

Am I doing something wrong? I searched JIRA, but couldn't find any related
issues. Is this a bug? This way
the network of brokers feature is not very useful, I want to restart
crashed/killed brokers without needing to stop the other brokers first.

Regards,

Pieter

Re: Weird problem with network of brokers

Posted by PieterN <se...@internethoofdkantoor.nl>.

PieterN wrote:

> <snip>

Sorry, forgot to mention, I'm using a ActiveMQ 4.2 snapshot.

Posted by PieterN <se...@internethoofdkantoor.nl>.

rajdavies wrote:

> Can you add the configuration you are using when you file the jira
> please?
> thx!

This is the JIRA report: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1301
There seem to be some more problems with network of brokers and shutting
down/restarting brokers, if I search JIRA, so they may be related (however,
the behaviour is different).

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
Can you add the configuration you are using when you file the jira
please?
thx!

Rob Davies
'Go further faster with Apache Camel!'