Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jorge Hernandez <jf...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/04 18:43:39 UTC

Error when compiling, please help.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to compile mod_perl 2.0.8 for Apache 2.4.6 x64, but when I
run "perl Makefile.PL" I get this:

ERROR from evaluation of ...\mod_perl-2.0.8\Apache-Reload/Makefile.PL:
Use of uninitialized value $v in substitution (s///) at
Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestRun.pm line 1100.

What can I do so it can build?

Thanks,

Apache HTTPd v2.4.x (was: Re: Error when compiling, please help.)

Posted by Randolf Richardson <ra...@modperl.pl>.
[sNip]
> mod_perl does not yet support httpd-2.4.x. It currently only supports
> up to 2.2.x, but work is underway to add 2.4.x support, hopefully in
> the next release.

	Thanks for the update.  I am looking forward to not having to run
two different versions of Apache HTTPd on the same box (some modules
needed at some times are only available for v2.4.x).

	Since mod_perl2 seems to provide one of the most comprehensive
real-world examples of how Apache HTTPd can be enhanced and extended,
I feel that it's a shame that ModPerl was "left behind" for such a
long time after Apache HTTPd 2.4.x was released.

	I use mod_perl2 in almost all my web site projects (and also DBI and
PostgreSQL quite a bit) because it's so excellent in so many
different ways, and so I'm wondering if there is general concern
among others here about ModPerl getting a higher priority from the
Apache HTTPd team in the future.  (Is this an Apache problem, or more
of a people resource problem, or perhaps there was a technological
challenge just this one time, or something else?)

	Thanks.

Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com/

Re: Error when compiling, please help.

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Jorge F. Hernandez" <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 11/4/2013 12:51 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
> On 4 November 2013 17:43, Jorge Hernandez <jf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to compile mod_perl 2.0.8 for Apache 2.4.6 x64, but when I
>> run "perl Makefile.PL" I get this:
>>
>> ERROR from evaluation of ...\mod_perl-2.0.8\Apache-Reload/Makefile.PL:
>> Use of uninitialized value $v in substitution (s///) at
>> Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestRun.pm line 1100.
>>
>> What can I do so it can build?
>>
> mod_perl does not yet support httpd-2.4.x. It currently only supports
> up to 2.2.x, but work is underway to add 2.4.x support, hopefully in
> the next release.
Oh come on, I heard the same thing when Apache 2.4 came out from
mod_perl 2.0.7, now the same for 2.0.8

Thanks anyway.

Re: Error when compiling, please help.

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com>.