Posted to users@maven.apache.org by William Mee <wa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/27 14:52:39 UTC

password protecting a repository

Requirement: for a large internal artefact repository
for Maven, I would like to be able to password protect
certain directories, using HTTP basic authentication.
The contents are sensitive, and the internal network
is large.

It seems like Maven does not support this directly,
and that the dependencies download function is not a
plugin but core functionality.

Is there anyway I can setup security for an internal
repository?

(Couldn't find this subject already discussed in this
newsgroup, apologies if it was!)

Thanks,

- Will