Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Pi...@progi-ouest.fr on 2002/05/21 11:39:17 UTC

Réf. : Re: macro interlink ?

Ok, it works

That was a problem with quotes :
#macro1 ("param" "#macro2("test")")
doesn't work, but
#macro1 ("param" "#macro2('test')")
does

Thanks Geir.

                      "Geir Magnusson
                      Jr."                     Pour :    velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org
                      <geirm@optonline.        cc :
                      net>                     Objet :   Re: macro interlink ?

                      21/05/2002 11:17
                      Veuillez répondre
                      à "Velocity Users
                      List"

On 5/21/02 4:58 AM, "PierreBESSON@progi-ouest.fr"
<Pi...@progi-ouest.fr> wrote:

> hello,
>
> I don't know if interlink is the exact word.
> I want to do something like this '#macro1 ("param" "#macro2("test"))'.
> I tried -> didn't work.
> Maybe can somebody tell me if it is possible to do thinks like this and
how

What exactly are you trying to do?  I think you are trying to invoke a VM
with the output of another, and that's possible.

#macro( foo $val )
   Hello -> $val
#end

#macro( bar $b)
  Hello from bar : $b
#end

#foo("#bar('a')")

Should output

   Hello ->  Hello from bar : a

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:velocity-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Réf. : Re: macro interlink ?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 5/21/02 5:39 AM, "PierreBESSON@progi-ouest.fr"
<Pi...@progi-ouest.fr> wrote:

> Ok, it works
>
> That was a problem with quotes :
> #macro1 ("param" "#macro2("test")")
> doesn't work, but
> #macro1 ("param" "#macro2('test')")
> does
>
> Thanks Geir.

Sure. We'll have the """" thing in soon.