Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/31 12:59:06 UTC

[Studio] Open LDAP config plugins

Hi guys,

I'm done with the import of the OpenLDAP configuration plugins (plus the
few other plugins like the template editor).

There is some needed cleanup to be done now, and to check that they are
working fine.

Re: [Studio] Open LDAP config plugins

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 31/03/15 22:31, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm done with the import of the OpenLDAP configuration plugins (plus the
>> few other plugins like the template editor).
>>
>> There is some needed cleanup to be done now, and to check that they are
>> working fine.
>>
> Thanks Emmanuel.
>
> I tested shortly the combined and template editor. They look quite nice.
> The combined editor throwed excpetion when switching to edit mode. We
> have to decide if we should add them to the default ldapbrowser feature
> and activate them by default. One concern I have is that the user then
> has lot of choices (template editor, table editor, LDIF editor, or all).
>
> Regarding OpenLDAP plugins I'll test them later or next weekend. Here I
> think we will package them into a new feature, just like we do for ApacheDS?

Ok, I get it working...

You have to connect to the cn=config partition of a OpenLDAP server, and
open the "Open Configuration" menu on the context menu of the connection,

Re: [Studio] Open LDAP config plugins

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 31/03/15 22:31, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm done with the import of the OpenLDAP configuration plugins (plus the
>> few other plugins like the template editor).
>>
>> There is some needed cleanup to be done now, and to check that they are
>> working fine.
>>
> Thanks Emmanuel.
>
> I tested shortly the combined and template editor. They look quite nice.
> The combined editor throwed excpetion when switching to edit mode.
Hmmm... JIRA !

> We
> have to decide if we should add them to the default ldapbrowser feature
> and activate them by default. One concern I have is that the user then
> has lot of choices (template editor, table editor, LDIF editor, or all).

I agree. Currenly, teh default is the tabular mode.

I think that the template editor is quite fancy, but it might be limited
for some high level users. I think the ldif editor migh be hidden by
default (activable through the preference).

What your take on this ?

> Regarding OpenLDAP plugins I'll test them later or next weekend. Here I
> think we will package them into a new feature, just like we do for ApacheDS?

Yes, I think it would make sense to make it a feature (there are 3
plugins for openldap : openldap.common.ui, openldap.confi.editor and
openldap.syncrepl)

Re: [Studio] Open LDAP config plugins

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 03/31/2015 12:59 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm done with the import of the OpenLDAP configuration plugins (plus the
> few other plugins like the template editor).
>
> There is some needed cleanup to be done now, and to check that they are
> working fine.

Thanks Emmanuel.

I tested shortly the combined and template editor. They look quite nice.
The combined editor throwed excpetion when switching to edit mode. We
have to decide if we should add them to the default ldapbrowser feature
and activate them by default. One concern I have is that the user then
has lot of choices (template editor, table editor, LDIF editor, or all).

Regarding OpenLDAP plugins I'll test them later or next weekend. Here I
think we will package them into a new feature, just like we do for ApacheDS?

Thanks again,
Stefan

Re: [Studio] Open LDAP config plugins

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm done with the import of the OpenLDAP configuration plugins (plus the
> few other plugins like the template editor).
>
> There is some needed cleanup to be done now, and to check that they are
> working fine.

Hell ! I spoke too fast :/

I just realized I imported an old version (god know where I took it
from...) so now, I have to reimport most of the openldap.config plugin,
something that requires the net.sf.ehcache plugin. I started this import
this afternoon, and spent something like 6 hours trying to understand
why ehcache wasn't accepted, until I realized that I used
'net.*sh*.ehcache' instead of 'net.sf.ehcache' !!!

I was able to launch studio, but there were some weird behavior when I
tried to open a connection : it worked, but I didn't get back the
entries (I compared with what I get when using the old studio). To be
double checked.

Anyway, definitively moving forward !