Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2012/11/01 22:50:41 UTC

Re: How to change the boost of fields in edismx at runtime

: Then, If I find that results are not of my liking then I would like to
: change the boost as following
:
: - Title - boosted to 2
: -Keyword - boosted to 10
:
: Is there any way to change this boost, at run-time, without having to
: restart solr with new boosts in edismax?

edismax field boosts (specified in the qf and pf params) can always be
specified at runtime -- first and foremost they are query params.

when you put then in your solrconfig.xml file those are just as "defaults"
(or invariants, or appends) of those query params.

-Hoss

Re: How to change the boost of fields in edismx at runtime

Posted by roz dev <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Hoss.

Yes, that approach would work as I can change the query.

Is there a way to extend the Edismax Handler to read a config file at
startup and then use some events like commit to instruct edismax handler to
re-read the config file.

That way, I can ensure that my boost params are just on on Solr Servers'
config files and If I need to change, I would just change the file and wait
for commit to re-read the file.

Any inputs?

-Saroj