Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/12 01:34:51 UTC

Ambari build fails possibly due to dirty npm cache

Hi ambari team,

The build have failed a few times due to some npm install error and I have
submitted a ticket.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7271

Those are the failed executions due to the following cause

https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/209/console

https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/220/console
https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/223/console

+ npm install -g brunch
npm WARN optional dep failed, continuing fsevents@0.2.1
npm ERR! Error: ENOENT, lstat
'/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/Ambari-trunk-Commit/contrib/views/node.js/target/lib/node_modules/brunch/node_modules/pushserve/node_modules/express/node_modules/cookie-signature/index.js'
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this *entire* log,
npm ERR! including the npm and node versions, at:
npm ERR!     <http://github.com/npm/npm/issues>

The resolution could be this

npm cache clean

before

 npm install -g brunch

I don't have access to configure the job.

Committers, can you take a look into it?

--
-jun

Re: Ambari build fails possibly due to dirty npm cache

Posted by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Yusaku!

Looks like the build failure caused by npm cache is consistent on H11 and I
don't observe it on H4

H11
https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/232/console
https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/233/console

H4 (they fail due to another ambari-admin test failures, I will look into
it)
https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/231/consoleFull
https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/230/consoleFull
https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/229/consoleFull